About Life and Dirt
Hello and welcome to Life and Dirt!
We help busy people such as yourself improve their nutrition with simple, science-backed nutrition tips….without the overwhelm, confusion, or extreme effort.
With all the information out there, nutrition can be very confusing and contradictory. But it doesn’t have to be!
Life and Dirt is all about finding the best simple, practical, and science-backed nutrition tips, so that you can make healthy choices in your everyday life.
This blog has two main goals:
- Clear up what nutrition trends and advice are actually backed by science or not.
- Find the easiest and simplest actions you can take to eat healthy on the daily, and improve your nutrition the most with minimal effort.
In short, this blog aims to provide the information you need to optimize your everyday nutrition in the easiest and most accurate way possible.
Whether you’re a complete beginner, or a total health and science nerd, I’ve got you covered!
Hey, I’m Natasha!
I’m here to provide you with all the best science-backed nutrition tips and tricks, and to help you implement them into your life.
I started Life and Dirt as a way to bridge the gap between science and everyday health. I hope to share my understanding of science and biology with others in order to help you (and myself) live a healthier life. A huge chunk of healthy living is healthy eating, and this blog will help you do just that!
Some facts about me:
- I studied biology in university. Learning the ins and outs of life and how the world works is what I find most interesting. My goal is to now apply what I’ve learned to the most practical use I can think of which is health. I am trying to figure out how we can use the principles and facts of science to improve our health, and especially our nutrition, in our everyday lives.
- I’m a major sweet tooth. I seriously love sweets and treats and baked goodies and desserts. I really do try my best to eat healthy, but when I do indulge, I certainly enjoy it. Everything in moderation, right? I’m also on the constant hunt for low-sugar desserts that taste like high-sugar desserts, so I’ll be sure to share all my best, go-to recipes with y’all 😉
- I love all things nature, especially hiking, camping, and gardening. I’d love to one day live on a farm and take care of animals and grow all my own food.